ΩχΩΦ How pregnant women should be protected from coronavirus ΩχΩΦ
Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist Op. Dr. Aylin Akıncı said, “It is very important for pregnant women to follow regular healthy and careful nutrition, to comply with basic and personal hygiene rules and to avoid risky environments.”
Medicana Çamlıca Hospital Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist Op. Dr. Aylin Akıncı said that no case has been reported in the womb from the mother to the baby since December 2019, when the coronavirus (covid-19) first appeared, and the pregnant women are not considered more risky when compared to other people.
Kiss. Dr. Aylin Akıncı made warnings for pregnant women.
Pregnant women are in the risk group
For now, even if pregnant women are not at the risk group in terms of coronavirus (covid-19), pregnant women are in the risk group especially in influenza, influenza and other infectious diseases because immunity is generally suppressed during pregnancy. For example, influenza virus is very dangerous for expectant mothers. There is no such exact information for coronavirus (covid-19) yet. Looking at the available information, there is no increased risk for pregnant women. In addition, coronavirus is not diagnosed in postpartum babies in countries where there is an outbreak during this period.
It is possible that it was passed from mother to baby, but no such case has been reported to date. However, other corona virus family members such as SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, which are responsible for previous outbreaks, have been proven to cause serious complications during pregnancy. For this reason, it is still necessary to act cautiously and comply with all hygiene rules.
It is necessary not to hesitate without breastfeeding
In the coronavirus (covid-19) epidemic, two cases of preterm labor have been reported so far, but the exact cause of this is not clear. However, there is a high probability that the birth was given early for rapid treatment to the mother. In addition, there is no case report of the virus from the milk of the mother giving birth to the baby. No virus was detected in the milk of mothers who were carrying viruses and were breastfeeding. For this reason, one should not hesitate without breastfeeding. Because breastfeeding is very important for the baby’s immunity. If there are symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath and malaise in the body, it is very important and essential for expectant mothers to apply to a health institution without delay.
How pregnant women should be protected from coronavirus
Like everyone else, basic hygiene rules are also very important for pregnant women. Regular healthy and careful nutrition, strict compliance with basic and personal hygiene rules and avoiding risky environments are very important for pregnant women. Especially in this period, they should not be in closed or stuffy environments, if possible, pay attention to public transportation vehicles, unless they are obliged to be in environments such as hospitals.
– Hands should be washed frequently and hygienically
– Regular and healthy eating should not be neglected
– At least 2 liters of water should be drunk per day
– The mouth, nose and eyes should not be touched until the hands are washed after contact with foreign materials.
– Immune system should be strengthened
– Persons who have illnesses such as flu and flu should be kept away from people who show symptoms such as fever and cough.
– If possible, avoid touches such as hugging, shaking hands.
– Protect at least 1 meter distance from surrounding people
– It should not enter crowded environments as much as possible, should wear a virus-protective mask if it should be present in such environments.
– Should not travel unless necessary, especially traveling abroad by plane
– Participation in social activities should be postponed