26 Good Appearance. Replace your DIY rack with chalk paint and brush.
Annie Sloan’s colors can only be purchased by authorized partners. Therefore, you will not be able to find colors and templates at the hardware store or on Amazon.
Der Versand von Melflair * war fix, der Kontakt nett und der Shop ist direkt neben meiner alten Uni in der Kölner Südstadt. Dort habe ich viele Jahre meines Lebens verbracht und schließlich mein Studium als Dipl.-Bibliothekarin abgeschlossen. Ach ja, schön war die Zeit. 🙂
Damals gab es Melflair zwar noch nicht und Annie Sloan Farben konnte man auch nirgends kaufen, aber emotional bin ich immer noch an den Süden Kölns gebunden. 😉 Es sind die kleinen Dingen, die das Puzzle perfekt machen. Comprende? Nein? Macht nichts, ist ja auch kein Philosophiekurs hier. Ran an die Pinsel! Jetzt wird gestrichen und schabloniert!
Chalk paint is in use – that’s how I do it!
1. I prepare it before I start painting a piece of furniture. To do this, I remove all the moving parts that should not be painted or painted separately separately: shelves, door handles, hinges.
2. Although almost all chalk paint suppliers have declared that the furniture can be painted in color without further preparation, I have found that it is better to thoroughly clean / degrease and smooth the furniture with soap and water beforehand. Lightly sand the surfaces with fine sandpaper (120 grit and finer). The paint lasts better during painting.
3. Now I mask off areas that should not be painted. I use masking tape for this. The adhesive tape is easy to stick on and can be removed without leaving any residue.
4. Now you can delete! I like to start on parts of the piece of furniture that are not immediately visible, e.g. the back or the top. So I can test the paint’s coating properties first. If I think I can get on well with the color and know its properties, I will paint the front.
The opacity of the paint varies depending on the surface. Annie Sloan’s colors are very opaque, but a smooth surface usually requires two coats of paint.
Chalk paint dries very quickly. It only takes a few hours of drying time before the first coat can be painted over again. It is therefore no problem to completely paint a piece of furniture within a day.
Design furniture with Annie Sloan stencil
Once the piece of furniture has been painted, the “Roses” template is used. The template has a size of A4. The roses do not appear lost on the piece of furniture and the small branches of the roses are not too delicate for brushes.
Why do I mention this? In fact, I have often made mistakes when buying stencils. The stencils were much smaller than expected and could only have been used with fine pencils. What you should also pay attention to when buying: Stencils for furniture should be made of plastic and not paper. So you can wash them off more often and use them several times.
The stencil brush – indispensable for meAnnie Sloan Schablone im Einsatz – mit Kreidefarbe & Pinsel Ikea Regal hacken
- Creation April 24, 2020 hours; 12; 25
Reproduces As Information Is Shared.
Let the stars shine for you.
Stay at home. Stay healthy.